li

9 July 2007

Update: 1 week...

Weight: 12st 10.6. BMI: 25.6. Body Fat: 18.9%. Body Water: 55.9%.
Wk 02 Training: Hours: 7:22. Bike: 155.0k. Work: 4,867 KCal.

7 days to go. Wow. And I’m off to France in just three days. Scary.

Weight… Down a little (1.2lbs). Now that I am tapering my training I have been trying to make sure that I don’t over indulge on the food front. Tomato & basil soup is back on as order of the day for my lunch. Object for this week is stability. Start cautiously and end with a flurry of carbs… I can see an onset of pasta fatigue…

Training… Not a big week – just over 7 hours. The highlight was the Sunday club run – just over four hours at a decent pace – and my last long ride before the big day. I have just 3 sessions left all of approx 1.5 hours – a gym session, a Richmond Park session and “spin out the legs after a day in the car” session, once I get out to the Pyrenees. I hope I’ve done enough, well, it’s too late to do any more, so, that means it must be too late to worry…

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bloody hell, what an epic life changing few months. Congratulations for everything you have achieved, fantastic.

Now there is the small matter of a few hills. I was talking to a veteran on the mountains on Saturday. He graphically described the effort, I won't go into too much detail but all together I think it is safe to describe it as a super human experience. I think he found god half way up a hill in France somewhere.

All the best of luck to everyone racing. May the wind be behind you and only the dust cart gets a puncture.

See you when you get back, Ben

9 July 2007 at 11:30  
Blogger Richard Allen said...

Indeed. The last few months have been an interesting journey - one that I feel I have benefitted from greatly - regardless of the result on Monday.

And, don't worry, I am under no illusions that cycling up a "Hors Catégorie" (Above Catagory) climb for 2 hours is going to be anything but easy...

Thing I'm gonna need the wind behind me. And luckily, the current forecast if for an 8mph East South Easterley wind - which means that it will pretty much a following wind. Result.

12 July 2007 at 07:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home