li

23 July 2007

So: What Next…

It’s now a few days later and I am enjoying a some days off the bike, if only to rest a little, and give my knee (now identified as suffering from IT Band Friction Syndrome) some healing time. However, I’m looking forward to getting back out on the bike again soon, I’ve ordered some club kit and you’ll see me heading out for Sunday morning club runs.

I had thought that once I completed the Etape I would be hanging up by cycling shoes and looking for a fresh challenge. But no. In undertaking this quest I have ‘found’ cycling. I have thoroughly enjoyed, not only the big day in the Pyrenees, but my journey to get there and am looking forward to continuing with my cycling.

So, what next, I’d like to do another alpine cyclosportive next year. Probably either the L’Etape again (likely to be in the Alpes next year). Or La Marmotte (touted by some as even harder than the Etape!!). My fitness, weight & cycling have come a long way from Jan 1st and it would be great to build from here. Onwards & upwards and all that…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home